Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Avocado shake

Pin It
I first had a Vietnamese Avacado drink when I was about 12 years old or so. I thought it so weird, mostly because of the colour. I'm not even sure if I even knew what an avocado was at the time. On the menu it was listed under drinks, but I remember it being very thick and creamy and I ate most of it with a spoon. Anyway, it was love at first sight!

It took me a few years to realise i could make it my self. The original one is usually made with sweet condensed milk, but i usually use normal milk and sugar. I also make it a bit more liquid so it can easily be drunk through a straw. As I only had the original drink that one time at the restaurant, I am pretty sure my version might not even be close to what it is supposed to taste or look like. I have tried to order it when living in Asia, but unfortunately I haven't been in Asia in avocado season.

But, I do enjoy it a lot. And my 3-year old will come running to get some as soon as he sees the green drink.

Yummy yummy avocado shake (pint glass)

1 ripe small avocado
4 dl milk
sugar to taste

Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh. Pour milk on top and sugar to taste. The drink is supposed to be sweet. I use about 2 tbs for a pint glass.
Mix thoroughly in a blender. If it becomes very thick, pour in some more milk or water. Pour the drink into a tall glass with lots of ice cubes. Drink with a straw. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment