Pages

Monday 7 September 2009

Spare ribs for hungry tummies

Pin It

 30082009328

Spare ribs is something which is suprisingly difficult to get hold of in Norway. And when one does it usually is already marinated in bbq sauce and cost an arm and a leg. I don’t really like that for two reasons, firstly, I ma not willing to pay an arm and a leg for something which is mostly bone, and secondly, I am not in particularly fond of the bbq sauce slapped onto the meat. So, when I do happen to come across spare ribs without anything and priced reasonably, I am one very very happy camper.

30082009330

I was very happy with this sauce and I thought I would share. This was almost two kiloes of meat and bone.

Wandering Lady’s Wonderful BBQ Sauce

  • 2 tablespoons Hoi Sin
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 3 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • Chili to taste

Mix well, massage into the meat, and let sit for at least an hour. Cook in the middle of the oven for at least two hours on 175 celsius until the meat falls off the bone. Towards the end I will cover the meat with foil or baking paper, and just before it is done I will remove the cover, turn on the grill and crisp it up. Yummy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment